Hello there, I really appreciate the visit. My name is Larissa and this is my personal space for all the thoughts and ideas that cross my mind every day and that I feel like sharing with all of you – in the hope that some of the things that I write down are helpful to you, motivating, comforting or inspiring.
This is my first attempt to set up a website so I am pretty new to this. I have also come to realize by now that there is much more to this than buying a domain and writing a few texts, so my greatest respect goes to everyone who has been there and done that in his or her own way. Especially if that person also has one or multiple children… How you’re supposed to make the time between childcare, work, household and taking care of yourself, that I still haven’t fully figured out yet so my process is rather slow
Anyway, here are a few facts about me, that you may or may not find interesting:
- I am a native speaker of German and I enjoy learning about different languages, cultures and their individual traits and peculiarities
- That is also why I studied languages at the University in Münster -English and Spanish in particular- and why I continue to learn different languages whenever I have the time. Among the languages that I have begun to learn so far are Dutch, Italian, French and Danish
- I have never been the “typical” girl. Instead of going to my mom’s ballett school, I learned martial arts. While my best friend watched soap operas like GZSZ I prefered Dragonball at any given moment and it wasn’t a major surprise that gaming (e.g. The Elder Scrolls Series, Rift, Anno, The Sims and most recently Portal Knights and Minecraft with my son) became one of my favourite hobbies. At the same time, I didn’t particularly care about my looks (like no make-up, nothing). I was the girl that hung around with the nerdy guys because we got along preeety damn good.
- In 2013 I became the mother of a beautiful boy who is and will always be the light of my life. Together with my Dutch boyfriend we live in a tiny village in Germany
- As a result of a cancerous disease that my boyfriend was diagnosed with about 5 years ago, a lot has changed in our lives. The challenges that this disease has brought with it have absolutely made us stronger and for me personally this has in many ways changed my perspective, my view on life and my priorities
- I always try to live as healthy as possible (not only because of the aforementioned situation) but also because I really notice how it affects me physically if I eat unhealthy (mostly sweets) and do not exercise / move sufficiently. That is why I always >try< to integrate healthy eating habits in our daily lives but you will notice that that is not my main focus and that I don’t force it. Eating should be enjoyable and tasty. If it’s also healthy – even better but if it’s not, it’s not 🙂
I want this website to be an authentic reflection of my life, a way for me to express myself and to provide some sort of guidance for those who are looking for it. It is way easier to do this by showing you what my life looks like and how I confront everyday challenges instead of having to come up with some invented stories and hypocritical arguments. In the end you will have to decide for yourself whether you want to follow my recommendations or not but this entire project really matters to me a lot and I am determined to put as much effort into this as I possibly can.
What I Love
My family, our two cats, language learning, building lego stuff with my son (though I’m not very good at it…), gaming, sleeping late, photography, nature, peace and quiet, talking , learning about new things in general
Some Positive and Negative Character Traits of Mine
Headstrong, kind, self-confident, stubborn, honest, sometimes too serious, open, spontaneous, chaotic, indecisive, positive, independent, emotional, persistent, responsible