Recipe for 2 adults, 1 child for two days
Prep time 15-20 min / Cook time the longer, the better
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add minced garlic and chopped onion. Sauté until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add minced beef to the pan. Cook until browned, breaking it up with a spoon as it cooks.
- Add diced carrots and zucchini. Cook for a few minutes until they start to soften.
- Pour in the minced tomatoes, passata, and tomato paste. Stir well to combine.
- Season with mixed herbs, salt, and pepper according to your taste. Simmer on low heat for at least 20-30 minutes (more=better) to allow the flavors to meld.
- While the sauce is simmering, cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- Once the sauce has thickened and the vegetables are tender, serve it over the cooked pasta.
- Garnish with fresh herbs or grated Parmesan if desired.
Enjoy your homemade Pasta Bolognese!
It really makes a difference if you leave the sauce on the stove a little longer. The taste will be much better.
Prepare the Bolognese in advance if possible. We all know that kids can go from “not hungry at all” to “close to starvation” and then all you have to do is prepare the pasta.